This guide will explain how to install mods that have been made for the Minecraft Forge API.
1. Make sure you have already installed Minecraft Forge.
2. Download a Forge compatible mod from this site, or anywhere else!
3. Open Minecraft, click the ‘Mods’ button on the main menu, then click ‘Open Mods Folder’.
Important: Some older versions of Forge may not have the ‘Open Mods Folder’ button. If that is the case, you need to find the folder manually.
4. Place the mod you have just downloaded (.jar or .zip file) into the Mods folder.
5. Relaunch Minecraft, and you should now see the mod you have installed in the list!